If you just landed on this page without reading Part 1 – The Pleasure/Pain Spectrum– this post might make more sense if you back track and read that first.
The last post covered the fact that I wish I could force myself to do the things I need to do to lose 20 pounds, but don’t, because subconsciously or otherwise, I perceive the amount of pain involved in doing them to exceed the pleasure I anticipate getting from going through with them.
Now that I’ve identified those 3 behaviors, and done my best with why I don’t engage with them, Tony Robbins, heretofore known as TR (that is what I call him, because it makes him my cool buddy that I should listen to) tells me I should now come up with 10 reasons why I MUST make my changes Now, and he tells me I should include what costs I’ll incur if I don’t, and what I will get if I make my changes now. I am also supposed to keep an eye on Why I can change it now (I think he’s trying to make sure that “I can’t” is not a barrier in the end.)
10 reasons why I Must lose these 20 lbs now:
- I want to be done with this weight loss journey once and for all.
- I will finally be in full control of something I’ve struggled to control, and that amount of power will transfer into other parts of my life.
- Getting dressed every day will be one of the most joyful experiences of my day.
- I can finally, Finally! justify the cost of creating a custom wardrobe that fits me perfectly.
- I’ll have more self confidence and self esteem in general.
- I will finally have accomplished a goal that I have been dreaming about for 20 years.
- If I don’t lose the weight now, I am giving up a massive opportunity show myself that I can do what I stick my mind to, and I know I can do it if I really try.
- If I don’t lose the weight now, then when am I going to lose it? I might be unhappy with my body FOREVER – and forever is a Very long time to criticize my body every day.
- Forever is also a very long time to be unhappy with the way so many clothes fit my body.
- I should be able to wear many more styles of clothing
- My 5K time should drop down without any additional effort.
So here are my 10 reasons – no candy coating guys, this is my real deal. A little nerve wracking putting it all out there but, oh well, didn’t go this far to back out now so there it is. 🙂